- Inside Thailand
- Thai Girls
- Meet Sexy Thai Girls
- Travel Guides
- Chiang Mai
- Hua Hin
- Koh Chang
- Koh Phangan
- Koh Samui
- Thai Escorts
Thailand has recently closed the loophole for the Type O Visa. Where before just about any American or Canadian could get a one year visa to Thailand, now you have to be officially retired in Thailand or married to a Thai citizen.
Since neither apply to me, so I’m back to doing tourist visa runs every 3 months.
Singapore is not a cheap place to do a visa run. If you do it right, expect your entire visa run to cost around 1,000usd. However, Singapore does have distinct benefits:
Everyone speaks English
The women are very attractive with a Chinese mix look
Business capitol of Asia
Singapore is like a little America that is only two hours away from Thailand.
Here is the easiest way to get your Thailand Tourist Visa in Singapore:
The cheapest flights are usually from Air Asia (www.airasia.com). On most days you can book a flight for around $150 one way from Bangkok.
The entry visa for Singapore is free. Just go through immigration and you are instantly given a 30 day visa. (You don’t even need to show proof of departure.)
I book all my hotels in Asia via www.Agoda.com (They tend to have the best savings.)
This trip I stayed in the Ibis Hotel on Bencoolen. 5 minutes walk to a subway station and a 25 minute walk to the Thai Embassy.
To get to your hotel from the airport, you can take the train, bus, or a taxi.
(Note, you can get anywhere in Singapore via the subway trains.)
The Singapore Thai Embassy website is: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/
Note: They are not flexible at the Thai embassy. You need to make sure you have all your paper work and everything needs to be filled out 100% or you’ll be rejected and told to come back the next day.
What You Need:
1. One completed and signed visa application form
2. One recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5cm)
3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
4. Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of entry/exit. You need to show proof of entry to Thailand and exiting Thailand within 2 months.
5. Evidence of adequate finance ($1000 per person and $2000 per family)
6. Visa fee of $50 SGD
Turn in your visa application on Monday thru Friday between 9:15am and 11:30am. You will then receive your visa the next business day between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.
(Beware: The embassy will be closed for all Thai and Singaporean holidays. Check the Singapore Thai Embassy website before you book your flight.)
Depending on where your hotel is, you can walk, take the train, or taxi. I recommend if you’ve never been there before, take a taxi. It will remove any guesswork and guarantee that you arrive on time.
Both times I was at the Thai embassy, they were busy. Be prepared to wait in line for 30 minutes.
Come back the next business day between 2:00pm – 3:00pm and get your passport. Now you can enjoy Singapore.
A Few Notes About Singapore:
– Singapore is NOT cheap. In fact, it is one of the most expensive cities I have ever visited. Most meals are between 15 – 30usd. I had one drink at a bar that cost me 20usd (a Singaporean Sling in Clark Quay).
– Prostitution is legal in Singapore. Check out the world famous, “4 Floors of Whores.”
– The best bars and night clubs are at Clark Quay
– They say electronics are cheap in Singapore. Not true, you’ll be looking at American prices for most things.
– On Tuesday night, go to Comedy Masala (http://comedymasala.com/). Great place for a few good laughs and right next to Clark Quay.
– Sentosa is cool. Zip line to the beach!
– Marina Bay is overrated, but still worth seeing.
– Singapore has 6 red light districts. Great place to get some variety
– The workers in the Thai Embassy are “Soup Nazis” (Seinfeld reference.). If your paper work is not perfect, they’ll hand it back to you and dismiss you like a child with little to no explanation. I had to extend my stay in Singapore an extra day because my flight departing Thailand was 2 months and 1 day after my arrival. (Has to be 2 months or under.)
For a quick and cheap visa run, go to Malaysia or Laos. For a new experience where you are surrounded by hot women who all speak English, check out Singapore.
Posted on Gods of Thailand June 5, 2012 in Visa Information